Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Short and Sweet

Ahh busy busy day. A "wading through mud" kind of day, culminating in being vomitted on, twice, by my baby girl. Poor little lassie can't catch a break - crook, then two teeth, one right after the other, and now she's feeling a bit poorly again tonight. Don't you just want to wrap them up in a big cuddle and not let go?

One day I will catch on with the country tradition of having a meal on hand for anyone that stops by. I'm still not with the program, and then before I know it people are staying for lunch (they're more than welcome of course, it's just me being unprepared), and I am frantically pulling my hair out, mentally calculating what's in the fridge, and what I can make with it. In the space of 30 mins today I devised, built and served individual zucchini slice/quiche arrangements in big muffin wrappers and a fancy-pants salad with green peppercorn brie and chargrilled capsicums all over the top. Was bloody good, if I do say so myself, and even looked a little bit posh, even if it was made from scraps in the fridge. Disaster averted. Phew. One day I'll learn! Maybe. I mean it's not like you can pop out and get a BBQ chook and a fresh lettuce out here.

Oh bugger. Blogland and email answering will just have to wait till tomorrow. My baby girl beckons.

Just one thing. Master Harry called me a "cheeky old girl" today. Specifically "I love you, cheeky old girl", partnered with a kiss on the knee. Love it, but what's with the old? Humphhhh!

This is the "sweet" in "short and sweet" xo

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh not sick again. Poor girl. At least the teeth are popping through quickly at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that does sound very flash for a sudden visitor..........well done.........you do learn to be a bit inventive.......
    hope your baby is feeling better..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not good having a sick baby! By the way, I love the blue sofa you missed out on eBaby - maybe you'll find another ...?

    ReplyDelete