Sunday, April 7, 2013

Just a few musings...

Behold... the wall that was this just 3 weeks ago...

 

Is now this:

I do love a gallery wall, and I love how the white wall and white frames make the colours in the photos pop. Pop! Neat word. I plan on having a few gallery walls around the place, and with the prevalence of cameras on phones, computers etc, there's really no excuse not to have lots of snaps to choose from.

If you look closely, you'll spy a pic of a very cool dude back in the seventies (my dad), and my mum and I when I was just a wee thing. Retro photos are the best.

We had two showers of rain today, each only a few minutes, but oh the smell! It was heavenly. I think the smell of rain coming off the gidgee trees is one of my most favourite. Wouldn't mind smelling a whole lot more of that, just quietly. But on the positive side, when it comes to grazing and such, I noticed this in "The Land" this week...

Sounds good to me... bring it on!

 

On a farm you find yourself tackling unexpected tasks, sometimes. This week, hubby and I changed a set of brake pads on the LandCruiser for the first time. Although it wasn't entirely smooth sailing, we did manage to achieve it, and we now have working brakes, which is nice. I'm very proud of the spring I had to find a correct home for. Thank God for google...

 

 

I've taken to bathing Vicki in the hand basin. Not because I'll save water, not because I don't have to bend over to wash her, no, purely because she looks so damn cute! Look at her! Little treasure...

I don't know why her little leg looks red... It wasn't red at all. Poor little thing looks scalded here!

 

And on that note, I'll say goodnight. Hope everyone had lovely weekends.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment