Saturday, April 6, 2013

Playing Catchup #1

It seems to be feast or famine when it comes to blogging at the moment - better late than never, I guess. I thought life in the country was meant to be slow? Hell no!!

This last week we've had my sister and her boys to visit, which was lovely. Harry absolutely loved having his cousins here.

We rode motorbikes. Carla and her boys had a ball gadding about the countryside...

You'd never guess she'd never ridden one before. She was ferrying both boys around in no time! A natural.

 

We worked on a gallery wall for my kitchen...

The boys played...

 

Vicki was loved and adored...

 

And abandoned...

 

Sean's Big Hat was passed around...

 

And around...

And around...

 

There were lots of cuddles...

and lots a little wine...
We talked, and talked, and talked, and did our best to keep food up to 3 constantly "starving" boys. There really is a co-relation between country air and appetite, I think.

 

 

Harry's a little lost and lonely now that they've gone...cue mum on her hands and knees playing with trains and flying airplanes. I can even tell you all the latest plot twists on ABC for kids. It's impossible to say no to a little voice begging "play with me mum, pleeeaassse!!" Soon it will be more like "go away", so I think I'll take full advantage now.

I think he's still trying to catch up on his sleep... he's worn out!

 

 

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful week for you all! You are so right - enjoy your babes while they are happy to be with you - it goes all too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a lovely photo heavy post. Such beautiful photos too. Love little Harry and his excavator.

    ReplyDelete